1.1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION
Material management in an organization is all embracing than any other form of management because of the diverse activities involved such as:
3. Inventory control
4. Production control
5. Quality control
8. Inward and out ward inspection
9. Marketing or sales.
Therefore, material management is the act of planning, organizing, controlling and directing of the supply and processing activities of material in an organization.
The impact of material management on organization productivity is unavoidable either positively or negatively, this. In production, material must be managed properly on order to avoid any the seventy five parent (759) of the entire operation and the money spent on material alone range between 60-65% of the company total arrestment. Therefore, the importance of material in an organization is very obvious and should be given proper attention.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
For the purpose of this research work, there are lots of limitation of problem of that lingered the project to be carried all effectively.
Therefore, because we were approaching the end of the National Diploma (ND) there is time constraint and there was not enough time to carry out the project work as necessary.
Also, the research of this project is limited to coca-cola plant at Ilorin; although the company has various plants all over the countries and even the work at large. Therefore, the information supplied in this project milled to business strictly to the economic environment.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
These are the objective of the study that shows the impact of material management on organization productivity. It shows how a manufacturing organization can survive through the effective management of materials. Among the crucial objective of the study are:
1. To examine how raw materials can be made available directly or indirectly form abroad or within the country.
2. To look at ways and sub- strategies that can be adopted in order to develop alternative means of getting raw materials so as to guarantee availability when it is needed.
3. To identify the role of material control in effective management of raw materials such that material can be procured and stored at an economic quality that guarantee a fair price and right quality.
4. To take note adequately of the role of machine utilization in the management of raw materials an order to reduce scrap rate.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE O THE STUDY
The study lies on how alternative means of getting raw materials can be embarked upon to make possible its availability when need and also to find the solution to the problem of absolve dependence on foreign sources.
The storage of raw materials and economically producers can plan adequately against higher than maximum stock lever and lower than minimum stock level which can bring about some negative implosion on the business capital.
The study also arm at suggesting and deciding strategies.
That can be used and the serried of the manufacturing industry through efficient materials which will lead to economic boost.